1. Sports venue
The basketball tournament will take place at 2 locations: Sports Hall Bourgoyen and Sports Hall Keiskant.
2. Sportspecific info
The Basketball competition is a team tournament.
- Men “Open Class” for all ages.
- Men “Senior Class” for 40 years and over (40+).
- Women “Open Class” for all ages.
- Women “Senior Class” for 40 years and over (40+).
A team consists of max. 12 players.
- The tournament will be held under the ABC Pool/CUP system to even out differences in strengt between the participating teams.
- Matches are played with an official referee.
- Each match consists of 2 x 20 min. effective playing time.
- In case of a draw at the end of regular time for cup games, 2 ½ min. are played as extra time. Extra time will not be played for pool games.
- 2 Time-outs per team per half are allowed.
- The teams are ranked in each pool on points, so that the team with the most points is no. 1 and the next-best team is no. 2 etc.
- If 2 teams are tied, the games they have played together decide the result.
- If the teams are still tied, the team with the biggest difference between games won and games lost, an then in basket points, is the winner.
- Each team must nominate a responsible person (trainer, captain, …), who must be always present during the match and deals with referees and the Organisation Committee.
- The rules of the International Basketball Federation apply.