1. Sports venue
The football 5 competition will take place at the outdoor artificial field, next to the Sports Hall of HoGent.
It is situated very close to the train station Gent Sint-Pieters.
Click to see how to get to HoGent.
2. Sportspecific info
- Men “Open Class” for all ages.
- Men “ Senior Class” for 40 years and over (40+).
- Women “Open Class” for all ages.
- A team consists of max. 8 players.
- 2 Field players may be replaced at any time in each game on application to the referee.
- The goalkeeper may be replaced when play is interrupted.
- The tournament will be held under the ABC Pool/CUP system.
- Matches are played with an official referee.
- Instead of yellow cards, the referee sends off the players for 5 minutes and ultimately for the rest of the game if the offence is repeated.
- The off-side rule is not used.
- Sliding tackles are prohibited.
- Free kicks must be made from a distance of 6.5 m.
- Each match consists of 2 x 15 min. (5 min. break).
- The teams are ranked in each pool on points, so the team with the most points is no. 1 and the next-best team is no. 2 etc.
- If 2 teams are tied, the games they have played together decide the result.
- If the teams are still tied, the team with the biggest difference between goals scored and the most goals scored, is the winner.
- Ball: futsal
- Equipment: regular football shoes with studs and shin pads must be worn.
- Goal dimensions: 3.00m * 2.00m (handball goals)
- Fields: Games will be played on artificial grass.
- The rules of the International Football Federation apply.
- Bring your own ball to warm-up.
- Bring 2 sorts of play shirts (preferably numbered).
- Regular football shoes with plastic studs and shin pads must be worn.
With the support of HoGent